5 March 2020
Microsoft Ignite The Tour: Microsoft Australia Conference 2020 Wrap Up
Microsoft Ignite | The Tour
It is one of the biggest annual industry events, and last month the International Convention Centre in Sydney hosted the Australian arm of the 2020 Microsoft conference ‘Microsoft Ignite The Tour’. The event explored the very latest in cloud technologies and developer tools, with an array of guest speakers and industry experts.
Custom training paths allowed the 3000 attendees to create their own learning experience, and focus on the areas where they could enhance their existing skills or pickup new ones.
Our Solutions Architect Gary Mentink attended Microsoft Ignite and has summarised the key highlights of the two-day event:
- Security is still a concern when moving to the cloud. Ongoing management, maintenance and monitoring is key
- Cloud doesn’t have to be an expensive exercise. Using the right service offerings can boost outcomes
- Teams is the hub for all. Collaboration, design and development are constantly evolving, and Microsoft are encouraging all businesses to ‘get onboard’
- Cloud isn’t the only way. Hybrid development and deployments are still occurring across the Microsoft customer base
- Single sign on with passwordless authentication is the way of the future. Look out for Windows Hello which uses facial, fingerprint, or a hardware token
- Automate business workflows by utilising Microsoft Power Apps, then integrating teams for user experiences
- The modern workforce is not locked to a desk in an office. It is vital that data is secured correctly with the right level of access
Gary and the team at TechPath are passionate about staying one step ahead when it comes to technology and customer success. We help businesses everyday become more streamlined by utilising cloud services and automated processes, all while enhancing security. Talk to us today to find out how we can help your organisation.
For more business and technology tips, news and views, follow TechPath on LinkedIn.