IT Audit Service
IT Audit Services for your Brisbane Business – Reduce business risk and enhance your team’s IT experience
An IT Audit Service That Works for Your Business
TechPath’s IT audit service TechAlign is designed to give businesses a clear understanding of where they stand when it comes to technology, with recommendations that help increase productivity and improve team experience.
It takes an in-depth look at how IT fits in with business plans and how employees utilise technology systems, pinpoints any risks and potential cost savings, and highlights opportunities that can transform daily operations.
An IT Audit takes a holistic approach and helps you better understand IT in your business.
Gain a clear understanding of your current IT situation – valuable information outlining all elements of technology
Understand how your team use IT – your most valuable asset ‘ your people’ are involved in the process
Uncover the source of performance issues – helps improve day-to-day productivity and staff satisfaction
Align business and technology – achieve greater business efficiency with IT that directly supports your business goals and processes
Security essentials checked – rest easy knowing your systems and data is safe and secure
Get the most out of your IT budget – pinpoint where funds might be better utilised
A summary of actionable items – a thorough report that is easy to understand with a clear path forward
Our process involves an in-depth analysis of a company’s technical needs and capabilities. Among other things, it covers applications, hardware infrastructure, cloud, licensing, warranty status, backup processes, and hardware capacity.
As part of the process, TechPath talks not only to IT staff but also to key stakeholders within the business about its direction and technology challenges. This helps to make sure the resulting report is compiled based on current and future needs.
Full network analysis
Interviews with users and key stakeholders
IT supplier’s assessment for cost and suitability
Full asset inventory
Technology gap analysis
Report containing actionable items
Fully costed proposal and IT strategy
After our team conducts your review, you receive a report that outlines each aspect of your IT environment in detail. Any weaknesses will be clearly explained, outlining risks, and potential effects. Any threat of hardware failure or data loss is clearly defined to help you make well supported decisions about your technology environment.
Audit prices start from $2,490 ex GST and are determined by the size and complexity of your network.
What our clients have to say about 'The TechPath Experience'
Real Outcomes Delivered
IT reviews help to identify all kinds of risks to businesses and predict possible impacts. Here are some recent situations identified by TechPath.
TechPath’s IT Audit Service can also ensure you avoid costs resulting from:
What We Cover
TechAlign makes recommendations that support your people and your business by aligning technology to your company’s strategic goals and internal processes. The elements included can vary according to your specific environment and needs, but typically include:
- Confirm current backups are working
- Inclusion of all company data and IP
- Retention periods
- Ease of recovery
- Compile list of applications
- Review suitability for company and user needs
- Compare to similar industries
- Utilisation of cloud services
- Check for over/under licensing
- Review use of cloud technologies
- Implementation of additional features available within cloud suite/apps
- Check for over licensing
- Further workloads that can be moved to the cloud
- Structure of data and how accessible it is
- Data duplication
- Capacity – how long space will last
- More efficient ways to store and retrieve data
- Speed of storage (how quickly staff can access files)
- Age, appropriate specifications, capacity, configurations, warranty
- Out of date software
- How to reduce future infrastructure investments
- Bandwidth / speed – appropriate for current and future use
- Redundancy / fail over
- Best product and price
- Age of equipment
- Wireless coverage
- Providing additional functionality e.g. guest networks
- Age, appropriate specifications, configurations, warranty
- Out of date operating systems
- Dual screens
- Endpoint Protection (Anti-Malware / Anti-Ransomware)
- Remote access
- Password complexity and management
- Gateway protection
- Use of two factor / multi factor authentication (2FA / MFA)
- Check for weak passwords and old user accounts
- Check for poor configurations
- Remove past admin users that still have access
- Use of modern VoIP technology
- Aging telephone systems and discontinued fixed line connections
- Viability of video conferencing to reduce travel costs
- Bill analysis – cost savings, old services no longer in use eg. fax lines
- Alarm phone modernisation
If you are experiencing system reliability issues, high technology costs, or need an IT strategy, it could be time to consider whether an IT Audit could benefit your business.
Who’s Suited To An IT Audit
Inefficient IT systems are one of the most frustrating problems encountered in the workplace. Reviews can often identify where minor adjustments could prevent the need for substantial expenditure.
From experience, we have found that audits provide the most value to a customer when they are:
Client Success Story
As leaders in advanced marketing and advertising technologies you need to know your systems will support your team. For Audience Group, TechPath’s IT Audit has helped secure their systems and move to a business supportive relationship with their IT provider. Read our case study to learn more.
TechPath’s IT Audit Journey
TechPath gives you a trusted business partner in IT, that will be there every step of the way:
We get to know your business and your IT pain points
Meeting/s to understand:
- Daily operations and processes
- Business goals and direction
- Technology challenges
Our team run in-depth on and off premise tests and analyse all data
We complete a thorough assessment:
- Onsite and offsite review
- Backup checks and test restores
- IT supplier’s assessment
A clear outline of your full IT situation and path forward
We provide two in-depth reports that include:
- Detailed findings with actionable items
- Risks and recommendations
- Fully costed IT solution strategy
What Our Clients Say
IT Self Audit Checklist
If you aren’t quite ready to book an IT audit, our experts have created a comprehensive guide that explores the ‘26 Steps to the Ultimate IT Environment’. It outlines the key considerations, and offers advice on where you can cut complexity, identify risks, enhance performance and reduce costs.
TechPath’s team of consulting engineers has a wealth of experience, as well as accreditation from leading hardware and software vendors. They are not only skilled in technology; every TechPath engineer draws on considerable insight into business processes and strategies.
This enables them to work with your team to help you get more from your technology investments.
Client Success Story
What are the next steps?
Want simpler, more reliable IT? Talk to us about how our IT Audit Service could benefit your business.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Talk to Brisbane's IT Experts Today
We specialise in IT services for businesses with 15 to 100 users.
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Or need more information on something? Ask us anything and we’ll get you the answer you need as soon as we can.